Mr. Jackson

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 4, 2007

2 Years and Counting!

Please forgive my absence. I have been swamped with school work, but I know it will all be worth it. But on to a more exciting topic...I really cannot believe that Travis and I have been married for 2 years today! At 3pm on a very hot June 4th my dad walked me down the aisle to meet my very best friend, Travis Michael Wolfe, and become his wife! That was my dad's 3rd trip down that aisle: once with my mom 34 years ago, then with my sister 6 years ago, then with me! He is batting 1,000; I highly recommend him as a father of the bride. What an AMAZING day. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for giving me such a beautiful wedding and for making it so special. And thanks, Mr. Mike and Mrs. Kris, for rearing such an amazing son. I love being a Wolfe, and I love being your daughter-in-law!

Our wedding day is still surreal in my mind. All of our family and closest friends were there to watch us take our vows to be together for the rest of our lives. And I can honestly say that after 2 years as your wife, Travis, one lifetime together will just not be enough for me. You have made these two years better than I could have imagined. You have given me so much freedom to be who I am, and you have loved all of me. As my mother reminded me this morning, that is no easy task. Thanks mom. So Travis, thank you for picking me to be your wife and for giving me a love that I never dared to dream of. The Lord truly blessed me when he picked a blonde headed boy from Indiana to by my husband! “I am confident of this, I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Take heart, be strong, and wait for the Lord.” Ps. 27:13&14 Thank you for showing me His goodness. I have no idea where God will take us, but I am so thankful that I get to go with you! Happy Anniversary. Hopefully I haven’t made any of our readers sick.

more images to come. I'm not very good at posting pictures. My dad and I were just practicing. I don't want you to think that no one came. And that is not our child that Travis is holding...it's our niece, Mary Peyton, when she was little and nice.







9 comments:

Tricia said...

Clark! What a sweet post. I loved your wedding day too!

Anonymous said...

laurette...what a sweet post. it gave me chill bumps! congratulations!

Little Daddy said...

Wallie,

I suppose that I am the luckiest dad on the planet. I have two wonderful daughters and two great sons-in-law. And I almost forgot -- a human granddaughter and a puppy granddaughter. They're all great.

I am a happy dad -- thanks Wallie.

Unknown said...

happy happy anniversary!!

I love you and your sweet travis-hubby. Tell Travis, by the way, that Trey kinda wanted to call him while we were in memphis just to reminese about the times they shared on beale.
:)

Have a wonderful 3rd year!

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary! You have an amazing way with words... I loved reading your post! I hope you had a wonderful 2nd anniversary!

The Benjamins said...

Happy Anniversary! It was a very beautiful wedding! Hard to believe that it has been two years...we're getting old!

LT (and Max) said...

happy anniversary to you both!

Tricia said...

Little Daddy definitely needs to start his own blog. You should try to enforce it as soon as possible. I'm thinking it could have a Cooking Theme, which all of us gals could use. He could post his recipes. Good idea, huh. Thoughts, Little Daddy???

Little Daddy said...

Tricia,

I do have a blog -- you can find it at clarkjohn3.blogspot.com.

I hadn't thought of the recipe thing, but I would be glad to contribute some.

Thanks for the idea. I will post one soon.