Mr. Jackson

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 22, 2007

...Just want to bang on a drum all day!


For our loyal blog readers I have great news. Laurette finishes up her class on Saturday, so you will not have to hear my rantings s much longer. Today is a boring Friday and these are always the hardest when you are just ready to get the heck out of dodge. I have a fun filled weekend in store that will surely warrant some blogging material at the least, and police blotter at the worst. Laurette's cousin Webb is in town and I have convinced him to join in the fun with me. Webb is just as easily persuaded into a good time as I am, so he didn't put up much of a fight. We always have a good time when we hang out, so this will be a fun weekend guaranteed. To start off the weekend, we are heading to the Black Keys concert tonight, I lucked upon tickets and cannot wait for this one. These guys are truly amazing. Just 2 guys from Akron, OH that can "lay it down" in the blues category.
We may finish off the night with a little Country Karaoke, or hit a few honky tonks. Either way, Webb will get the full Nashville experience.

Then tomorrow, oh yes tomorrow, FLUGTAG!!! Words cannot describe how excited I am for this one. We will get to watch 30 teams of people launch their homemade flying contraptions off a 30 foot platform into the Cumberland River. Each team gets 10 minutes to perform a skit on the platform and is judged on performance and distance of flight. Some of the teams include the Stephen Colbert - Eagle One, A group of East Nashville Cavemen, Batman & Robin, a blimp, a tank, the Beatles yellow submarine, and many more brave participants from around the country. The only way this could be more fun to watch is if every team somehow got whacked in the nuts on the way down. So here's to a great weekend!

1 comment:

Little Daddy said...

Travis,

You and Webb get all of the fun and poor Wallie has to go to school, that sucks. I'm glad to hear that she finishes up soon -- she needs some time off.

Now to the important part. I do not have access to a lot of bail money. I have seen the two of you among others get a little wrung out in Washington. I don't know which of the two of you I will trust to be wise leader of this duo.

Good luck and have fun.